Sunday, November 22, 2009

* Clients From Hell *

Just found this website. makes me laugh because Shaun's a designer and he deals with this kind of stuff all day.
As a rare book conservator I also deal with clients who don't value the work we do and aren't willing to pay for our time. So this website is good for a few " Yeah, I've been there" laughs.


Here's my favorite:

Business as Usual

  1. CLIENT: We’d like to go ahead and book you to handle this year’s edition but, of course, we’re in the middle of a tough recession. So we’ll only be able to offer you about 50% of what we paid last year.
  2. ME: I gave you a heavily discounted price last year as an introductory deal. I said at the time it was a one-off and included a quote at the full price to illustrate.
  3. CLIENT: Yeah… Anyway, we’d like you to get to work immediately, since the deadline is
  4. this time next week.
  5. ME: You had a three-month lead last time.
  6. CLIENT: Uh-huh… Moving forward, we want you to treat this as urgent. Oh, and we’ll be paying you when the project comes into profit, of course.
  7. ME: So, you want me to do three months graft in a week, on the promise that when or if you make money out of my work you’ll pay me less than half what my time is worth.
  8. CLIENT: To be honest, we thought you’d be more grateful.

1 comment:

  1. OMG. That's retarded.

    Have you thought of submitting this to clients from hell tumblr blog?

    You should: http://clientsfromhell.tumblr.com/

    P.S. Shaun needs to subscribe to kitsunenoir.com

    ReplyDelete