Monday, August 17, 2009

Hiking with Nie Nie


For anyone one in the world who doesn't know who Nie Nie is, check out her blog here. And be prepared to cry. Go back to August 08 to read about her amazing story. She was in a plane crash with her husband and a pilot a year ago and suffered severe burns. her goal was to hike the Y this weekend on the one year anniversary of the accident. She invited blog readers to join her, so we went! Here are some photos



Katie, Callie, Helen, Annette, Jennica


Stephanie and her husband held hands the whole way up. I don't have any great close-ups because I felt a little intrusive taking pictures of them. But here you can see she and her husband in the blue and white with a bunch of us following behind.






Jennica shared her trail mix with half the mountain. She's always the perfect hostess.



Jennica and Callie


Helen and Katie

It was an amazing experience. I hadn't read all of her blog, but I've been reading and crying every night for a week. She inspires me and reminds me what life is truly about.

2 comments:

  1. How fun that you were able to participate! I too shed some tears this past week reading her inspirational blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G experience...and so glad we could do it together!!!

    ReplyDelete