Friday, February 5, 2010

Valentines Shmalentines


I kind of love Valentine's day, even though Shaun doesn't. It's not that I love it for the flowers and chocolates or anything, but there's something great about expressing love to everyone around you during one of the most depressing months of the year (in my opinion).


(Don't worry, that's my face on an old pinup, not me really!)


Last year for Valentine's day I made Shaun this little pamphlet stitch binding full of dorky things. It's pretty cute in person, even though it doesn't photograph well. I photocopied entries from my journal on important days like when we got engaged and days when I just loved him :)

This year I went simple:


Nothing says love to me more than Victorian embellishments!!
This books got some great things he can use at work.

Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you were such a romantic!!
    I freaking love it :o)
    Wish I knew how to make books for my husband...

    ReplyDelete