Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Thirteen miles is nothin'....

...If you're in good company

Went to Ashton ID a couple weeks ago to run the Mesa Falls half marathon with my superfast sister. Here's the photo spread


Before the Race


Melanie during the race, coming up from a mile long hill.
She's like an olympian, look at those biceps. And then...


...I come along! About a half an hour later, mind you.
Always ready for a drink break, you know me.


But you just can't beat the views on the way into town to the finish line.
The grain elevators...


...the sassy old man at the finish line...



...and the promise of
huckleberry milkshakes at the soda fountain for finishers.


In front of Grandpa's old barbershop with our spoils.




You can't leave Ashton without a raid through grandma's garden...
it's an unwritten rule.





The End!


2 comments:

  1. Soo...I saw this crazy person out running in the rain this morning - I got closer and realized it was YOU! Way to go! You are now officially my hero. I'm sticking to my 3.2 miles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Believe me, I was NOT enjoying it. 16 miles this morning and it poured for half of it. Sheesh. Thanks for the words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete